Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bento love


I discovered the world of bento in my senior year of high school. I had a friend who was really into it and started making her own. I always wanted to start and thought I would be making bento lunches for myself during college. But no. I haven't been cooking at all. :/ The roommates I live with keep the kitchen full of dirty pots and pans and sink is full as well. There's not even enough room in the refrigerator for me to put any of my own food. I feel disgusted in my own kitchen.

But I can't get myself too discouraged. I must find a way!! (Just so I remember my 2 ideas: Cook at my bf's place or ask a friend to let me into the dorm kitchen.)

Anyway, my plan is to make healthy bentos instead of eat out most of the time. I need to get over the kitchen and time obstacle. So I'll be talking about bentos in future posts as well.

I didn't really get to cover what a bento is, so let me leave you with a link to my favorite bento web site:
lunchinabox.net. There are pictures of cute and creative lunches.

Photo credit:

6 comments:

  1. These are super cute! I bet you could come up with all sorts of designs doing these! I friended you up on Foodbuzz and I'm your first google friend connect friend too! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, w! Yeah, the possibilities are endless...can't say the same for my cash flow. Lol. I don't drink wine, but I still enjoy reading about it. You're blog looks interesting and very informative! I'll be sure to add you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously need to learn the art of Bento....seriously, That bowl looks so good. I know my kids would love to take a lunchbox like that to school!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KB: Heh heh yup! A bento in the cafeteria would be unique. :) It'll be hard to look away from bento recipe books/sites and cook the actual food for the meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cutie bento box! looks as good to eat too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LY! There's even more cuteness...if you look behind the bento, you can see part of a chocolate chip teddy graham container. I just caught that!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Photo of the Day

NYAN NYAN!